There are several reasons for knee pain such as sudden injury, an overuse injury, or by an underlying condition such as arthritis. Treatment will vary depending on the cause. Symptoms of knee injury include pain, swelling and stiffness. In this article, you will learn Do’s and Don’ts for Knee Arthritis.
There are different types of arthritis that can occur in your knees. The most common type is:
Do’s for Knee arthritis:
- Do exercise daily: Regular cardio exercise strengthens the muscles and increases the flexibility of your knee. It include walking, swimming, water aerobics, stationary cycling.
- Do use “Rice”: Rest, ice, compression and elevation are beneficial for Knee pain which is caused by minor injury. Give rest to your Knee then apply ice to reduce swelling, wear a bandage to keep your Knee elevated.
- Do consider acupuncture: It is a Chinese practice of inserting needles in specific points on the body to change the flow of energy.
Don’ts for Knee arthritis
- Don’t overlook your weight: Overweight has a negative impact on your knee; losing weight reduces stress on your knees. Smaller changes in weight can make bigger differences.
- Don’t be shy about using a walking aid.
A crutch can decrease the stress of your knee. Knee splints and braces also helps you to stay stable.
- Don’t let your shoes make matters worse: Doctors always recommend special insoles that you put in your shoes. It will reduce stress on your knees. Take advice from the doctor to find the appropriate insole.
- Don’t risk a fall: A unstable Knee can cause more knee damage. Use handrails on staircases or sturdy ladder to reach something from a high shelf
- Don’t rest too much: Stick with daily exercise program because too much rest can weaken your muscles, which can worsen joint pain. If you don’t know how to do exercise then take advice from doctor or therapist.
If you are searching for Knee Arthritis doctor then your search ends here. Dr. Kunal Patel is the best doctor for any kind of Knee problem and provides you the best solution.