If you were recently diagnosed with arthritis or one of the other rheumatic diseases, you are not alone. Dr. Kunal is with you for treating RA(rheumatoid Arthritis). He gives you best treatment and supportive care. Dr. Kunal gives you some tips on how to live well with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease in which body’s immune system which is normally protects its health by attacking foreign substances like bacteria and viruses – mistakenly attacks the joints. This creates inflammation which causes the tissue that lines the inside of joints (the synovial) to thicken, resulting in swelling and pain in and around the joints. The synovial makes a fluid that lubricates joints and helps them move smoothly. There may be times when your rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms get worse, and other times you feel great.
It is very important that you take medicines regularly to get relief from RA. You have to follow these important instructions while taking treatment for effective remedy:
- Start the medications
- Do not give in to illogical fears about medications
- Don’t stop the medications when you feel better. Skipping a dose when you feel better could cause the pain and inflammation to return.
- Keep up your appointments and do not use medicines on your own. Self treatment may be dangerous.
- Do regular physical activity
- Quitting smoking and maintaining oral hygiene may reduce the chances of developing severe forms of arthritis according to recent evidence.
- Dietary restrictions - There is no clear evidence for any dietary restrictions in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Fight Depression Living with Arthritis is not easy.
- Don’t log on without a diagnosis
To Book an Appointment, you can contact us at:
Call at: +91-(22) 2085-3021.