Knee Pain Reasons by Best Orthopedic Doctor in Mumbai:
Knee joint is one of the most complex joint inside human body. Today,we will learn some important knee pain reasons by best orthopedic doctor in Mumbai.
The knee actually joins the thigh bone called as: Femur to the shin bone called as :Tibia. The smaller bone in knee that runs alongside the Tibia and the Kneecap are the other bones that make the knee joint.Tendons connect the knee bone to the leg muscles that move the knee joint in every direction. Ligaments join the knee bones and provide stability to the knee:
The anterior cruciate ligament prevents the femur from sliding backward on the Tibia.
The posterior cruciate ligament prevents the Femur from sliding forward on the Tibia
The medial and lateral collateral ligaments prevent the Femur from sliding side to side.
Two C-shaped pieces of cartilage called the medial and lateral menisci act as shock absorber between the Femur and Tibia.
Your knee joints serve a vital role holding up your body weight and are put through even more pressure when you walk, run or jump. Knee pain is very common, both from sport injuries and our day to day life.
Knee pain is due to commonly:
- Over Training
- Tight lliotibial
- Tight or weak Hamstring Muscles.
- Weak Quadriceps Muscles
- Flat Feet
- Weak Gluteal Muscles
- Tight Calf Muscles
Sports injuries tend to affect one knee at a time. Pain in both knees is more common with Arthritis and Osteoarthritis.Knee pain reasons by best orthopedic doctor in Mumbai will tell us what could be the conditions for Knee pain or Joint pain.
What are the conditions?
- Tendinitis: This is an overuse injury causing swelling of the tendons, the bands of tissue that connect your bones and muscles. This is sometimes called ‘jumper’s knee’ as it is common in sports involving jumping, such as basketball.
- Bone chips: Sometimes, a knee injury can break off fragments from the bone or cartilage. These pieces can get stuck in the joint, causing it to freeze up. You may also swelling sometimes.
- Housemaid’s knee:This can be caused by kneeling for long periods of time or repetitive knee movements. Fluid builds up in the bursa, the sac of fluid that cushions the knee joints. Swelling behind the knee is called a ‘Baker’s cyst’ and may be caused by injuries or Arthritis.
- Bleeding in the knee joint: This injury is also called Osteoarthritis and affects blood vessels around the knee ligaments causing the knee to feel warm, stiff, bruised and swollen. This may require hospital treatment in severe cases.
- Iliotibial band syndrome: This is an overuse injury to the iliotibial band of tissue that runs from the hip to the shin past the knee.
- Medial plica syndrome: This overuse injury affects the plica, a fold of tissue in the knee joint.
- Osgood-Sch-latter Disease: This overuse condition is common in teenagers playing sport and causes swelling and tenderness over the bony bump just below the knee.
- Partially dislocated kneecap : This is usually due to a physical condition with the legs rather than a sports injury. The kneecap slides out of position and causes pain and swelling.
Causes of Knee Pain:
- knee Joint Inflammation
- Knee Joint Infection
- Knee Joint Injury
If you are still worry about yourself then , find a surgeon in Mumbai,India.You can also check best Orthopedic Doctors for check up.General Questions which,your doctor can ask you during checkup and cost of Orthopedic surgery can be find here.For more details click here