Like other diseases, there are also various bone diseases and disorders. Very few people are aware with these bone problems. But if we know the symptoms and causes of these diseases and disorders then it will become easy to cure it. Dr. Kunal Patel, a orthopaedic surgeon as well as orthopaedic consultant in Mumbai describe major 5 bone disorders.
Following are list of various bone diseases and disorders and its symptoms:
- Osteoporosis: It is an abnormal loss of bone mass and disintegration of bone structure in older adults. This can increase the risk of fractures breaks.
Symptoms: pain in back, pain in lower part of back, pain in bones, loss of height over time etc
- Paget’s diseases: It is a disorder of cells that lead to breaking down, rebuilding and remoulding bone tissues. It makes the bones thickened.
Symptoms: Bone deformities, pain in your bones and joints, tingling and weakness etc.
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta: This disease is caused by genetic disorder that lead to brittle bones that can be broken or fracture easily. It can be caused by gene defect in production of collagen.
Symptoms: bow legs, stiffness, bone fracture, bone tissue formation etc.
- Bone Cancer: According to the National Cancer Institute, bone cancer may be due to a primary cancer that begins in the bone or spreads to the bone as secondary cancer from another part of the body such as cancer in the lungs, breast or prostate. There are several types of primary bone cancers such as leukemia, osteosarcoma, Ewing sarcoma, malignant fibrous histiocytoma and chondrosarcoma.
Symptom- no major symptom, it can be genetic.
- Rickets: This preventable bone disease affects young children and is caused by a deficiency of the nutrient vitamin D.
Symptoms: muscle cramp, holes in enamel, bow legs etc.
For more orthopaedic consultancy you can contact with Dr. Kunal Patel. He is knee , hip and shoulder surgeon in Mumbai. He is always ready to answer your questions.
Call- +91-(22) 28053021
Various Bone Diseases and Disorders